- Job title: Wind Energy Analyst
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location: Innogy Renewables UK
- PhD Project Title: Near-Surface Evolution of Atmospheric Downdraughts
2014 University of Aberdeen, Scotland. BEng (Mechanical) 1st Class Honours
Thesis: Cylinders on Sand beds in Oscillatory Flow
Atmospheric Dynamics, Downdraughts, Extreme Weather Events, MONC and Buoyancy Driven Flow.
Why I chose the CDT in Fluid Dynamics
Fluid dynamics is a vast and complex area of study, from the smallest drop to the circulation of entire oceans; fluid dynamics can be used to describe the world around us. My undergraduate thesis sparked my interest in fluid dynamics and the CDT provided a perfect opportunity to gain a strong grounding in theoretical, numerical, computational and experimental fluid dynamics to then allow me to apply these skills to real world problems.
Prizes and Awards
- Talisman Undergraduate Scholarship for Engineering Excellence 2011
- Society for Underwater Technology Prize 2014
- iMechE – Best Project Prize 2014
- Scottish Hydraulics Study Group Undergraduate Prize 2014